Tuesday, May 02, 2006

[Camp] 1st Classified BBQ

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;

For he to-day that shares his BBQ food with me

Shall be my brother;



That looks good...



Yesterday I attended a BBQ in a classified location in Singapore. It was a 9 men BBQ, the absence of a “puah bi kuey” Private. Hours before the "attack", the recce group conducted a "fighting patrol" for food.


The main recce group consist of Ronald (Platoon Commander), Weili (Company driver), and Ziwang (Company Quartermaster).



While waited for BBQ to begin however, I fell asleep and didn’t know what’s going on till at about 6pm, way after the BBQ begun.


Nice weather for BBQ isn’t it?



However it wasn’t too late for me to actually try out the food. But it wasn’t ready yet! *pout* But there’s something that caught my attention.


Oh the beauty, highlight of the day.



Oh my god, good job guys!




Till there was a point I've forgotten that the officer on duty is a vegetarian. And this quote came into my mind.

“Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet.” - Albert Einstein

So for just a moment, I feel guilty on what I’m going to eat after that. But well… WTFC?! (Figure that out yourself)

Just then, one of my comrades making something out of meat minces.


Working hard preparing the food for us. But...



So I asked, “Eh… what are you doing ah?”
And he replied, “Can’t you see?”

Apparently, I do not know what that is. Lol, I mean I attended BBQ less than 10 times in my life, 7 of which it’s so bored hosted by my cousins that I rather go home and sleep than to attend, that explains my phobia on BBQ.

Then, I asked again and I gotten the answer.


It’s beef shitpatty. It must be true cause he said so!



-_-;; I gotten nightmares on beef patty that night... really...


The aftermathresults...



The “patty” however looks quite delicious after it was cooked. But, I don’t like the beefy taste. Thus couldn’t appreciate the effort T_T

Oh and not forgetting the 2kg sweet potatoes that I bought for them. Look carefully, it is 2kg. Because of that, instead of finishing it, they decided to franchise it for some hard core cash.


And there’s a set meal too! Comes with a drink.



Overall the BBQ turns out well, except the washing I believe. Hope to have one in the future again. Probably with more type of food and more… entertainment.

Disclaimer: All the information and pictures above are taken at a classified area. Do not ask anyone regarding what’s on the picture.

I can tell you though. However, If I'm telling you...



I'd have to kill you.